- Organizational Overview
Hales Government Solutions specializes in supporting state and local government agencies in reaching their goals by providing key assistance for their initiatives and bolstering operational effectiveness and efficiency. We approach projects through a data-driven and holistic approach to achieve optimal success. Talented consultants with experience in key areas provide high-quality outcomes for our clients. Together our time-tested L.I.V.E. model has garnered high levels of success for our clients.
II. Position Summary
Instructors at HGS are the critical levers in a students’ academic and employment success. They are the individuals that will lead the workforce education and workforce readiness for participants enrolled in the program. HGS instructors maintain high expectations of themselves and others, have a strong command of their workforce career field, are organized and prepared to teach, and treat all students and colleagues with respect. This position will be a community-based role in the District of Columbia (Southeast). Hales Government Solutions is looking for instructors to teach a 4 week workforce education course. Subjects will include Hospitality, Infrastructure and Environmental Services AND Workforce Readiness. Instructors will be asked to teach 3 hours per day (9a-12p). or (6p-9p) for 4 days per week (Mon-Thurs) and attend one instructor orientation; and 2 mandatory meetings.
- Responsible for being organized and prepared to teach 2 courses daily (workforce
education field (e.g. hospitality and tourism, environmental service, or infrastructure
AND workforce readiness).
- Responsible for working with colleagues to ensure daily instructional curriculum
meets industry standards; includes engaging and challenging units of study and
- Responsible for attending all professional development meetings and opportunities
that may exceed the regular program day hours
- Expected to be present on campus at minimum 15 minutes before the course starts
- Responsible for maintaining all safety rules and expectations throughout the campus
- Conduct yourself with professionalism (action & dress) with students, instructors, and volunteers
- Fulfill all duties as described in the New Instructor Training
- Responsible for ensuring that all assessments are administered and graded in a timely manner; data is maintained and accessible to staff; analyzing results with staff and students; and making adjustments to the course as needed
- Responsible for completing weekly grade reports and student career success files
- Responsible for writing, implementing, and updating Individual Learning Plans (ILP) for students identified as needing extra support
- Bachelor’s degree
- Flexible – we will do what it takes to ensure that all students succeed
At least one year of full time teaching experience
How to Apply
Interviews will occur immediately. To submit your resume, please go to the following link:
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org